Monday, December 9, 2013

A semester I will never forget

Now, I am going to reflect back on the past 16 weeks. It has been one hell of a semester between balancing part time work with school for the first time to managing my time and money a little tighter to becoming a bride to be. Geez, I did not expect all the things that happened this semester to happen it has been quite the experience.

Starting out the semester on August 19, 2013 I did not know what to expect or what to learn. I had just switched from Information Technology to Visual Communications and I did not know who I was going to meet or who would approach me. I had just gotten a part time job 5 days beforehand working 5:30-10pm Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and 5:30-2:00am on Fridays with weekends only for my social life. But it turned out to be a good semester after all. I met and made so many new friends who were just a like in weirdness as I am. Some of the people I questioned talking to at first just because of how I thought they might think of me but they approached me and I met some awesome people in my graphic arts classes and as much as I hated getting up at 8 am two days a week I enjoyed the people in my classes and the projects I got to participate in as well.

Eventually I had to drop my Friday work shift for my fourth course, a math course that unfortunately I may fail but that's alright failure is a good thing because it gives us the chance to make it right again. Even though I hate math and the work I have to do with it I am still ready to try and make an effort to pass the class. I have successfully passed both of my graphic arts classes too which was an experience in itself really, I got a chance to be a part of a Doritos Superbowl commercial, invent new ideas for a phone just for the class, participate in a few contests and above all else I had fun in the process and drank a lot of coffee.

On September 14, 2013 another factor came into my life. I became engaged to who is now my fiance I had to learn how to make time for him, but he knows that schooling comes first which is honestly something great in a person to acknowledge that you are bettering your life for the both of you. But I will never forget the proposal either... I was just waking up and he was on his knee with the ring box open and asked me to marry him. I responded in a tired sense but happy that someone wanted to marry me and care for me as much as I wanted to care for him.

But as the semester carried on it brought on more personal worries, I walked out on my job but took it back two days later under the condition they cut my hours, I am struggling to keep just my math score up but my other classes are getting by smoothly. I ended Intro to Computer Graphics with a B- and I ended Strategic Concepts with an A. Tomorrow I take my literature final and turn in my final exam essay which right now I have an A in that class too but the only class I am really worried about is my math class which that final is not until Thursday morning So I am hoping to work my butt off on what's left of the online assignments and pray that brings my grades up but in the end I know I tried and that is all that matters.
But honestly this has to be the best semester of college I have ever had, I have a job, I have the grades and I have a fiance. That's a blessing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment