Tuesday, December 3, 2013

By far the hardest and easiest semester in my year and a half of community college

I can't believe this semester ends next week. Just seemed only a few weeks ago it began, and this semester has changed me in so many ways.
I met so many new people when I switched majors and felt a part of things because the people I acquainted were just the same as I. I also learned how to juggle working part time, going to 5-7 hours of labs and lectures four days a week, make time to get homework and studying done and make time for family and my fiance. This semester really kicked my butt exhaustion wise but I'm glad I made it through, made me grow up a little more. I am probably going to learn for the first time what it is like to fail a class because I have never failed a class. Ever. But math is also not my thing, I don't like math one bit and I think it needs to go bug someone else but it is required and it is useful in life.
I learned a lot of new skills this semester such as study and time management skills and learning to take things one day at a time.... and I have known this but I know it more now..... COFFEE WILL BECOME YOUR BEST FRIEND IN COLLEGE. I also learned not to take things as seriously as they may seem either. I've had my ups and downs this semester, I have had my days where getting out of bed was a struggle because I was so darn tired but I did it.
Now finals are next week then I get to do it all again in January, more studying, more projects and more late nights with my headphones working and working on homework and studying for exams.
College will be easy.... SAID NO ONE EVER! but it is fun and I learn so much every semester and acknowledge my never ending addiction to caffeine. There are times that I do wish I could go back to high school and do it all over again but if I did I would not have the experiences that I have had ever since starting college. College is by far one of the best things to happen to me and by far one of the best decisions I ever made to do right out of high school. That honors high school diploma came into good use and the hard work I did in high school really paid off too. I wouldn't trade any of it really, it makes me into a more strong, smarter person and makes me anxious to see what is is in store for the next semester on what I am going to learn, who am I going to meet, what friends will I make, what is next on this adventure.
College changed me entirely as a person for the better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment